Thursday, April 29, 2010

dad smells like 'B-U-M'

ok - so you're thinking "what?" here is the story:

mr. potato head (dad) went to play ultimate frisbee saturday morning. and, like any typical guy, he worked up one of those really healthy sweats. you know the one where its not only sweat but that 'outdoor' smell, too. wow, did we notice! when he came home, he and 'small fry' talked about stuff in the room and then he left to get in the shower. i came in the room and could still smell him and said, "whew, dad really smells!" and 'small fry' replies,


"yeah. he smells like 'B-U-M'!"


my first reaction was hysterical laughter! then, double take, i thought,

"where did she hear that?"

later i learned that when dad and 'small fry' were talking they discussed body odor or better known as 'B-U-M' around our house. she had mistaken 'B-U-M' for just plain old 'B-O'.


(for the record, my husband did not smell like a B-U-M. love you, babe!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh hey, no worries. I wasn't mad or anything. If I really was going over to another guys apartment to complain about my husband, I hope people would yell at me!

    And I love your blog. I was gonna follow it, but I thought you might think it was some creepy retaliation thing. I hope you don't mind if I do it now :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails